Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Monday, May 11, 2009

An Amazing Mother's Day

After toying with the idea of doing Disney for Mother's Day, I suggested (and received) something a little more restful and relaxing. The rare chance to sleep in is always a winning idea, so I was thrilled when Jim got up with the kids as soon as they started stirring. After getting them fed and dressed, he woke me so we could head out for a bike ride on the trail followed by brunch at our favorite restaurant and pictures/playtime at the park.

That afternoon, I met my mom for a glass of wine and a long-overdue pedicure, then we both went back to our house for a wonderful meal cooked by Jim and the kids. It was so wonderful to have a day free from normal house and childcare responsibilities - to be with the kids and just enjoy them without all the work!

No comments:

Post a Comment