Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Friday, May 15, 2009

New Schedule - Day 4

Well, even though our plans for art class got canceled and we made a morning of running errands, being out and about seemed to be just what we needed. Today felt like a good balance of being out versus being home, and it was a good day for all of us. Here's how Day 4 of our new schedule panned out. And don't worry, I won't be posting the tedious details every day; just thought I'd share our progress throughout the first week!

Reading: Mission: Where's June, Starting Point Science
Life Skills: Gardening
Science Experiment: Turning salt water to fresh water
Grammar: Fun Brain parts of speech exercise (nouns & verbs)
French: Hmmm, does reinstalling my Rosetta Stone software count???
Project: Baking cookies
Game Time with Ava: Connect Four
Other: Math games on Fun Brain

This is my first session including science in our curriculum. In addition to our science co-ops, we're doing an experiment at home once a week and either a science or art project on our Wildcard Wednesday with friends. Science has never held much interest for me, and it never occurred to me that Noah would be into it already. We did a trial of Time 4 Learning last month, and he asked for all the science activities first. So . . . now we do science. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment