Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Our First Real "Harvest"

Yes, we've picked arugula, herbs and banana peppers. But all those were in some stages of growing when we brought them home and planted them. So even though it was exciting, it felt a little like cheating.

Today, however, we picked our first tomatoes (two red and a yellow) and eggplant from plants we nurtured ourselves - very exciting! Noah requested eggplant pizza for dinner, but I spaced out and forgot to stop at Chamberlin's for the cheese. So, while the pizza will have to wait until tomorrow, we did slice and eat our first tomato tonight! It was fun to take a picture of our first "harvest", but I have a feeling our plates will literally be overflowing in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment