Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Monday, June 15, 2009

Ava's Luau Pool Party

Get ready . . . June is birthday month, so be prepared for numerous posts that have nothing to do with homeschooling. To start, we celebrated my "baby's" third birthday with a luau pool party this past Saturday. She swims like a fish, and would stay in the pool all day if we let her. Needless to say, she was thrilled with a pool party and even more thrilled to have her friends join her for her big day - and I was thrilled with the adorable hula girl bathing suit I found her!

As I've mentioned before, I'm trying to hard to make certain things just about Ava - and explaining to Noah why this is important (he likes to be in the middle of everything). So, we invited only her friends that she asked for, let her help with the invitations, got her favorite dish (vegan mac & cheese from Ethos) to eat and made the cupcake of her choice (peanut butter bomb cupcakes from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World - YUM!)

After the party, Noah took her to Build A Bear (his gift to her) where she built a pink unicorn named Sparkle. Then, some good friends joined her for moral support as she got her ears pierced (her birthday gift from us). She was amazing and is quite thrilled with her new pink earrings. More festivities are planned for Wednesday (her actual birthday). Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment