Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Man on the Moon

Now I had no plans for any more units this summer. Noah's been in camp, and I'm working on planning our curriculum for fall. But when my mom mentioned that Buzz Aldrin would be at a local bookstore this week, I thought it would be fun to go. Then we signed up for a space co-op with SLC and a class at My Art Studio to make solar system mobiles . . . so I think we might be diving into a mini-unit without even trying.

So off to the bookstore we went, Noah in his astronaut costume and Ava flying her space shuttle (all the while thinking we were going to see Buzz Lightyear). Not sure what to expect, I was surprised by the huge crowd. Fortunately, my mom got there a little early and got a line number for us.

To our surprise, the line moved quickly and despite being 305th in line, we made it through in about 1 1/2 hours - store workers were pushing the books through and keeping things moving. Since we were towards the end, we actually got a bit more time and a clearer shot for pictures. After Noah asked how old you had to be to be an astronaut, Mr. Aldrin asked him how far up space was . . . a great jumping off point for our new unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment