Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Medieval Times

Monday started a three-week unit with SLC on Medieval Times. This is a topic we've never touched on, so I was excited to dive in. The first class focused on the feudal system. The kids donned their crowns, learned about life in a Medieval village, watched a video and put together this super-cute craft.

Next week we'll be learning about castles and castle life, but we'll miss the final class in the series (about knights) since we'll be out of town that week. I thought about arranging a family date to Arabian Nights until I checked the prices online today (yikes - almost $70/adult!), so I think we'll make a trip to the library instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment