Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Raw Vegan Treats

We're a big fan of Lara Bars around here, so when I came across a recipe for a raw, vegan lemon bar, I couldn't wait to try it. I finally got around to it this week, and they were such a hit I tried a chocolate variation as well.

As you can see if the photo, I rolled them into bite-sized balls instead of bars and covered them in coconut. I'm always looking for ways to get the kids to eat more nuts, and these tasty treats are definitely a winner! The first batch was gone in a matter of hours, and the triple batch I made last night is going fast.

The lemon recipe is in the link, but I'll post the chocolate one here.

Chocolate Balls

1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup raw cashews
1/2 cup shredded dried coconut
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup dates (8-12 soft medjool)
2-3 tablespoons of agave nectar

In a food processor, combine almonds, cashews, coconut and cocoa powder until crushed into medium crumbs. Add dates, and process again. Add agave nectar until the mixture comes together and begins to make a ball against the sides. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment