Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Orlando Magic Homeschool Day

We'll be sitting this one out since SLC's Thanksgiving potluck is that day, but I wanted to pass on this information. On Monday, November 16th, the Orlando Magic will host local homeschoolers for an interactive career day at the arena.

Professionals from all aspects of the Magic organization - including marketing, broadcasting, athletic training, sales and arena operations - will be there to talk about what they do and teach students all that goes into running a professional sports team.

There will also be tours, essay and poster contests and other fun activities planned. Tickets are $20 and include a ticket to that night's game. For additional information, contact Kate Mata at 407-816-2931.

I'm guessing it's geared towards kids older than mine, so perhaps we will make it in the future - which would especially fun since I worked for the Magic for six years!

No comments:

Post a Comment