Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Book Review - If I Built a Car

Today was a bit like Christmas around here when our Amazon packages showed up with all the great books and other tools for our cars and oceans unit studies. We all spent a while looking through everything, but since it was bedtime, I brought the one story book, If I Built a Car, in as a bedtime story - and we all loved it!

This wonderfully-written and charmingly-illustrated book tells the story of a young boy describing what a car would look like if he built it (think rocket fuel and swimming pools!) It reminded me so much of Noah and all his ideas for the "water-powered, 300MPH car" that he's dreaming up. So glad that we added this one to our library; I can already tell that it will be enjoyed over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment