Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaching Tool Tuesday - Kreative Komix

Don’t tell, but my wish lists at Lakeshore Learning and Amazon are much longer than the one I have at Endless.com. Honestly, I’m a complete sucker for books and educational games, software and toys. But this past year I’ve honed my ability to discern which tools will be fun once or twice and which ones we'll use over and over . . . and I’ll be sharing our favorites with you every Tuesday. 

As I posted last week, I've been looking for ways to liven up language arts this year. So when I first read about Kreative Komix, it looked like a great tool that Noah would love. I've just ordered it, so obviously I can't yet give it a glowing review . . . but it looked so cool that I thought I'd share it in advance.

Kreative Komix is an interactive, multimedia tool that let's kids design and create their own comics. Kids choose the background, scenery, characters and props, then type in the dialog for their story. With the click of a button, they see and hear their stories come to life. What a great way to work on storytelling, sequencing, reading and writing while being creative and having fun!

Available "themes" include Fairy Tale, Science, American History, Dinosaurs and Superhero. It was difficult to narrow it down to one; I was very tempted by the Science but eventually decided to start wtih Fairy Tales since it seemed to lend itself better to dialogue.

I'll definitely be reporting back after we've had a chance to use it, but I definitely have high hopes for this one. If anyone else has tried Kreative Komix, I'd love your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment