Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Teaching Tool Tuesday - DK Eyewitness Books

Don’t tell, but my wish lists at Lakeshore Learning and Amazon are much longer than the one I have at Endless.com. Honestly, I’m a complete sucker for books and educational games, software and toys. But this past year I’ve honed my ability to discern which tools will be fun once or twice and which ones we'll use over and over . . . and I’ll be sharing our favorites with you every Tuesday. 


Noah and I have been loving the books from the DK Eyewitness collection lately. They offer a huge array of topics, and Noah enjoys looking through them all to see what he wants to read about next. Our first purchase was the Cars book, and it really captured his interest. Since then, I've checked out the following from the library:
Recently, I needed to add a little to my Amazon order to qualify for the free shipping (my order was free courtesy of my Swagbucks gift cards!), so I bought the Great Scientists book for our home library. Not only does he love the book, but I love that it comes with a clipart CD - how great for a future lapbooking project!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE these books! I recently found some at the library bookstore for $1.25 each!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great deal! I haven't managed to find any used yet.

    ReplyDelete