Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Teaching Tool Tuesday - Mad About Money Week 4 Curriculum / Lapbook Template

Don’t tell, but my wish lists at Lakeshore Learning and Amazon are much longer than the one I have at Endless.com. Honestly, I’m a complete sucker for books and educational games, software and toys. But this past year I’ve honed my ability to discern which tools will be fun once or twice and which ones we'll use over and over . . . and I’ll be sharing our favorites with you every Tuesday. 

Okay, I finally uploaded the Week 4 curriculum and lapbook template for our Mad About Money unit (combined with Weeks 1-3). Sorry to not have pics (I'm too lazy to go take them, but I'll get them up ASAP), but Week 4 focused on Banking Basics. This week's lesson was largely lapbook-based, beginning with a flap book on basic banking terms. Next, the All About Interest minibook walks students through calculating interest earned and payed (at wildly unrealistic rates!) Another minibook diagrams parts of a check and walks the students through filling out their own check. 


Finally, in a really fun shopping activity, the kids each deposited $20 in the Bank of Homeschool, then used their own tiny checkbooks to purchase "items" at four different stores. All the printables for setting up this activity are included in the curriculum for Week 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment