Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Me Time Monday - Yoga

Today is officially the last day of my Crazy Sexy Diet cleanse, but I'm happy to report that I've noticed such a difference, I'll definitely be taking a lot of it with me into the future. As I mentioned last week, the self-renewal part of the cleanse was the biggest revelation for me, so today, I thought I'd share a little more about that.

As if fitting daily meditation into an already busy schedule wasn't enough, there is more to the new routine. The second step in my new daily self-renewal practice is yoga. Now, I don't know a ton about yoga but I used to practice fairly regularly before my kids were born. Since then, I've just been saying wistfully "I really need to get back to yoga."

I've always been drawn to it both for the physical effects, but even more so because it's one of the few things I've found that actually stops the racing thoughts in my brain (I know you know what I'm talking about!) And even though I knew it would be helpful, I've still never managed to make the time for it . . . until now.

Now I'm not talking about a lot of time. To start, I challenged to find myself 10-15 minutes a day for it, although I'd like to eventually like to include a few longer sessions each week. Ideally, I pair it with meditation and start my day with a 30-40 minute yoga/meditation combo, but you probably know what usually happens to the best-laid plans. I'm definitely fitting it in somewhere, somehow at some point each day . . . and it's made a huge difference!

Overall, my head is feeling much clearer these days. I'm able to focus much better and don't feel as overwhelmed by my thoughts. And I've been able to improve on my goal on being "in the moment" more which has had a positive effect on homeschooling and my time with the kids in general.

So yoga and meditation are now part of my daily routine. Don't ask how I found the time for them . . . somehow, I just did. Next week I'll share about the one you really won't believe . . . the daily nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment