Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wild Idea Wednesday - LEGO Architecture

Wednesday is normally LEGO day, but our Lego League meeting was canceled today. Instead, I decided to catch up on some schoolwork, including breaking out some of our new books.

I'd recently ordered some DK Readers for our upcoming Great Inventors unit, and Amazon was running a buy 3, get the 4th free deal. I'm a sucker for world landmarks, and Noah has a huge interest in building and architecture, so I decided on Amazing Buildings for our fourth book.

Today, we read the book, and Noah picked one of the famous buildings to replicate with LEGOs. He chose St. Basil's Cathedral, and we worked on building it together. He's gotten so independent these days - and we've all gotten so busy - that I can't remember the last time we sat down together to build with LEGOs. I can tell he really enjoyed it - and I did, too! We'll definitely be incorporating LEGO building into our curriculum more often from now on.

Noah had so much fun with the activity that he also created a miniature Washington DC, adding (from right to left) Capitol Hill, the Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial and Lincoln Memorial to his (already completed) White House.

No comments:

Post a Comment