Tuesday, July 5, 2011
A few weeks ago, I saw a few baseball books in a toy store and bought them impulsively, but it wasn't until a friend e-mailed me about Amanda Bennett's baseball unit study that I thought about making in a more structured course of study. But with a few resources falling into place, I've decided to make this a fun, mini-unit for easing us back into school this summer.
Here's what we're using:
- Amanda Bennett unit study
(four-week unit with a huge list of links and other resources)
- The Everything Kids Baseball Book
(on sale for $3.58 right now at Amazon!)
- Babe Ruth Saves Baseball
- Baseball's Greatest Hitters
- Baseball's Best: Five True Stories
- The Boy Who Saved Baseball
- The Kid Who Only Hit Homers
- Several Netflix documentaries
- Baseball camp (Noah attended last week)
- Attending baseball games
- Plenty of batting practice!!!
We hadn't planned to start until next week, but Noah was so excited that we're partway through our second book already. Looks like I hit a home run with this unit!