Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Green Smoothie - BananaBerry

We often start the morning with green smoothies; it's really the easiest way to get the day off to a good start with fruit and lots of greens. Normally I'm not much of a recipe gal when it comes to smoothies, but I often have people ask how we make these, so I thought I'd start keeping track of the ones we really like. This one is super-easy since it uses frozen blueberries, and the berries cover up the green color if that's an issue for you.

1/2 cup apple juice
1/2 cup water
1 banana
1 cup frozen blueberries
3-4 handfuls of spinach

Blend until thoroughly combined, and be sure to add a few ice cubes if you use fresh blueberries instead of frozen. This makes enough for one, so I usually double it if I'm making them for myself and the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment