Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Saturday, April 25, 2009

You've got questions? I've (eventually) got answers.

I've been meaning to do it for months now, but it's never made it to the top of the "to do" list - until now. As of today, we officially have a question box. "Which is?" you ask. Well, I'm hoping it will be the solution to the inadequacy I often feel over not being able to answer (or find answers to) any question my kids ask right at the moment they ask it. I love that they ask; I just don't always love when they ask when I'm working . . . or cooking dinner . . . or at any other point when my compulsion to get tasks done overtakes my desire to foster my kids' inquisitive nature.

So, when they have a question and I have no answer, we write it down and put it in the question box. Then, on days when we have extra time, we start pulling questions from the box and looking up the answers. Of course, right now, the "days when we have extra time" exist only in my wildest dreams. But hey, it's good to have a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment