Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Monday, May 18, 2009

I Forgot Friday

Well, I posted a bit about our Friday but forgot to include the final day of our first-week schedule. All in all, it went well. I've learned that getting out of the house is important, but staying out too long impacts our classroom time. Most of all, I need to be flexible with our schedule but am still overcoming my unconscious need to check off everything on the list each day:

Reading: M-O
Life Skills: Organize shoe rack
Global Awareness: Songs around the world
Geography: Mexico & Illinois
Game Time: Great States
Outdoor Time: Playing at Sylvan Lake Park
Other: Horseback riding

Looks great, right? Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I will say that the horseback riding took up most of the day, and by the time we got home, my mom stopped by to visit. I had an errand to run, so she took the kids to the park to play. We did squeeze in our lesson on Mexico, but our reading and Illinois lesson were our "bedtime story" and we played Great States on Saturday morning.

So this will be my last post on schedules for a while. We'll be working with this one for summer and will re-evaluate after that. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment