Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mad Science

I think I've mentioned before that Noah loves science - something I never would have guessed because . . . well because I was never a huge science fan. Fortunately for Noah, this homeschool thing is not all about me. So, I've built in one day each week to try a new science experiment.

Our first - turning salt water into fresh - should have been complete today. Unfortunately, it . . . how should I say this . . . got rained out. We left our bowl outside since I couldn't find an indoor location that got enough direct sun and the torrential downpours we've been having broke through the plastic wrap. Guess that's one way to turn it into fresh water. We'll be trying to proper way again once the weather clears up.

Since we've been having such odd weather, I thought a weather-related experiment sounded good. Noah pick out one on how wind is created. We cut out a spiral from paper and suspended it above a heat source. The hot air rising made the spiral turn. It was a fun, easy lesson - and nice to have one where you get the see the results immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment