Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tomatoes Gone Wild

After three solid days of rain, the tomatoes have just gone wild, shooting off new branches and blooms. We did lose a cherry tomato due to the weather, and Ava was "very, very disappointed" and insisted on eating it (even though it was still green). Once she pronounced it "delicious!", I resumed the business of counting our little green tomatoes, which has turned into quite a difficult job. I think from now on our tallies will be my best guess; I try to go plant by plant, but I can never guarantee that I've gotten them all or that I didn't sound something twice. Grand total as of today - 72 tomatoes, all green. Can't wait to start getting some red ones on our chart - and on our plates!

No comments:

Post a Comment