Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, June 4, 2009

Message in a Bottle Party Invitations

This has nothing to do with homeschooling, but sometimes my blog is like that. Much like her brother, Ava is a little fish in the water. So for her third birthday, a pool party sounded like the perfect plan. We're technically not supposed to have parties at our community pool, so we let her invite just a few friends to join us. It's especially hard with the second to not automatically invite Noah's friends or the children of all my friends to the party, but I try really hard to make it all about her.

We're doing a luau theme, and I put together these cute Message In a Bottle invitations. I know it's probably more Caribbean than luau, but I saw the idea somewhere and just had to try it. This morning, she helped me drop in the shells, then we stuffed in the invites. Again, Noah was itching to help, but I'm making a big effort lately to create moments that are just for her. I saved him one bottle to fill, but the rest were all hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment