Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Goodies from the Garden

We're headed out of town for a few days later this week, so I'm trying to use up all the goodies from the garden before we go. The kids requested Eggplant Parmesan, so tonight we picked our eggplant and more tomatoes for the sauce.

As much as I beat myself up about not being more diligent in teaching Ava the ABC's and 123's, I love the "life learning" she's picked up through our adventures. She can name all the plants in our garden and spot the same varieties when we're out and about. Recently, she's pointed out basil at the Magic Kingdom, marigolds in a neighborhood and jasmine at Grandma's pool. Like her brother, she's taken a big interest in the garden and had a great time helping me pick veggies tonight . . . after which she asked to go on Starfall to work on her alphabet!

No comments:

Post a Comment