Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Sunday, September 20, 2009

International Coastal Cleanup

Jim and the kids participated in the International Coastal Cleanup yesterday (I was having a "me day" - more on that later), joining people from around the world in removing trash from our beaches. Having already done a cleanup at Lake Ivanhoe earlier this summer, the kids were looking forward to helping out again - and really looking forward to playing at the beach with their friends afterwards.

The event was organized through our Community Service Club with SLC, so there was a special co-op earlier in the week for the kids to learn about the water cycle, ocean conservation and how pollution in the water affects us all. After that class, I took the kids for sushi and Noah left the restaurant picking up trash with his chopsticks. He was very excited to tell curious onlookers that he was saving the Earth and the sea animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment