Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Monday, October 26, 2009

Native American Indians Co-op

Our series on early America continued this week with a class on Native American Indians. After studying the Pilgrims last week, the kids learned why Indians were called "Indians" and got a glimpse of what life was like in an Indian tribe.

As a craft, they kids designed and created their own totem poles. This afternoon, Noah and I dug into some of the take-home materials, completing a word search and learning about the pictographs many different tribes used to communicate with each other. Noah then spent a good hour telling stories with the pictographs.

Later this week we'll be making a tepee craft I found on Enchanted Learning, then it's off to the library to pick up books to prepare for my upcoming co-op on The First Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment