Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

EPCOT Food & Wine Festival

So can I really call a trip to EPCOT's food and wine festival "school"? Well since I'm the one in charge of our learning ventures, I suppose I can.

But while I'll readily admit this wasn't our most educational trip to EPCOT, we still placed bones and organs into a surgical patient, compared Egyptian hieroglyphics to Native American pictographs, learned about fire safety and sampled cuisine from Poland, Morocco, Canada, France and Greece.

Add in loads of character visits, a trip around the Test Track and cooling off at the splash pad and you have a fun-filled day that didn't feel all too much like blowing off school.

No comments:

Post a Comment