Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station Homeschool Day

I have to admit . . . I know next to nothing about the Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station. But everyone I know who's been has raved about it. So I need to get in gear and order my tickets for their upcoming homeschool day on November 12th. Here's the scoop:

Morning session activities run from 9:45 to 12:30. Afternoon session activities run from 1:15 to 4:00. Ticket availability is limited to 48 students per session, and tickets are $6 for children and adults. For more information call Bob Callister at (386)761-1821 ext. 18 or by email at bobcallister@ponceinlet.org.

Visited by over 125,000 people each year, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1998. The lighthouse tower and museum are located 12 miles south of Daytona Beach and are open to the public year round. The lighthouse is close to Orlando attractions, historic St. Augustine, and the Kennedy Space Center. The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse in Florida and the second tallest masonry lighthouse in the nation. Visitors can climb 203 steps to the top of the 175 foot tower and enjoy magnificent views of the World's Most Famous Beach, Ponce Inlet, and surrounding inland waterways from the lighthouse gallery deck.

No comments:

Post a Comment