Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Ants in My Plants

Well, I officially have my first garden pests . . . ants in my cucumbers and caterpillars in my tomatoes. I'm lucky to have made it through my spring garden bug-free, so now I have to figure out how to take back my garden.

In the meantime, we're continuing to enjoy the fruits of our labor. We harvested our first kale and lettuce before leaving for our trip, and the eggplant continues to flourish. Last week, we enjoyed our first squash and cucumber as well. My first bell pepper is turning red, and we saw the first tiny bud on our broccoli today. Plus . . . I'm still hopeful that I can salvage the tomatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment