Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Discovering the Gift of Art

This month's Art Adventures class at the Orlando Museum of Art focused on the "gift of art". Class began in the gallery where the kids explored different works of art - textiles, jewelry, etc. - that would typically have been given as a gift.

Back in the studio, they were turned loose with paint, fiber, sequins and jewels to create their own gifts of art. Mine were thrilled to decorate wooden treasure boxes and paint a few masterpieces to give to family this holiday season. As always - I had to drag them from the studio when class was over and bring extra supplies so they could continue at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment