Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Disney Princess Half Marathon

In case you're wondering, this post has absolutely nothing to do with homeschooling. Instead, it's one of those "All About Me" moments. But hey, how many of those do busy homeschooling moms get to have?

This past weekend (yes, the same weekend as the duathlon), I ran the Disney Princess Half Marathon with some friends, and we had a blast! I love that this race lets me combine my love of distance running with my passion for costumes. Where else can you toe up to the starting line in full makeup and jewels and have people think it's more cute than crazy? Along the way, we decided this race was definitely less about having a good (race) time and more about having a good (fun) time. And that we definitely did.

After an icy cold start at EPCOT, we headed to the Magic Kingdom and back, stopping to snap pictures with the characters along the way. Although I've vowed to take a break from running, it's hard to imagine not doing this race again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment