Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Independence Day / 4th of July Lapbook

We've been winding down our year of studying the United States with some fun activities, including rehearsing for a 4th of July play in which the kids get to sing, dance and soak up some US history. Best part of the whole thing? It's being coordinated my someone other than me! Yay! But since I can never leave well enough alone, I decided to put together a 4th of July / Independence Day lapbook for some supplemental learning.

It's been a while since I created a new lapbook template, and I'd forgotten how time-consuming it is. I'd also forgotten how fun it is and how hard it is to make myself focus on anything else! That's why - with two work deadlines looming and many a box still to be packed before Friday's move - I couldn't wait to share it!

Now keep in mind we haven't actually made these yet, but as soon as we do, I'll share pictures. If you happen to make one before we do, please let me know how it goes together and if I goofed at all. A very large percentage of the content was created way past midnight, so I'm bound to have messed up somewhere.

On that note, I'm aiming for a pre-midnight bedtime so I'm signing off for the night - as soon as I upload the lapbook, of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment