Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Little More Shoe Art

Writing about shoe art made me think about my favorite artist, Derek Gores, and all his amazing pictures of shoes. Now it's a new thing for me to have a favorite artist, but I was strolling through an art festival last year and was completely taken with his collage work. Check it out on his website or Facebook . . . the shoes are only the beginning.

Though I'm not usually fond of artwork with people in it, his portraits of women are just stunning and he's posted a preview of a commissioned piece for the Orlando Magic.A commissioned portrait is on my "big wish list" for someday, but I don't know how I'd decide the subject . . . the kids, a bellydance portrait, recreating a wedding photo. Too many choices. For now, I'll just covet the shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment