Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

New Daily Features at Homeschooling in Heels

Over the past few months, I've been hinting at adding some new content to Homeschooling in Heels. In addition to the Homeschooling 101 section - which is coming after I finish our lapbook templates for the year - I'll be blogging daily on certain topics to inspire us through each day of our homeschooling week. Here's a sneak peek at what's coming:


“Me Time” Monday
It’s true that Monday isn’t the first day that comes to mind when I think of having some time for myself. I’m more likely to spend this particular day tackling mountains of laundry, piles of dishes and otherwise catching up from an overly-busy weekend. So each week, I’ll be making a point to try out a new idea for “me time” and reporting back every Monday, when we all need the inspiration the most.

Teaching Tool Tuesday
Don’t tell, but my wish lists at Lakeshore Learning and Amazon are much longer than the one I have at Endless.com. Honestly, I’m a sucker for books and educational games, software and toys. But this past year I’ve honed my ability to discern the best teaching tools for use at home . . . and I’ll be sharing our top picks with you every Tuesday.

Wild Idea Wednesday
Need some new ideas for keeping learning fun? I’ll be sharing our favorites each week on Wednesday. To be honest, the thought of committing myself to having one great idea every week is stress-inducing, so I’m going to put it out there in advance that I will probably borrow heavily from all my wise mama friends.

Thankful Thursday
Ever get struck in the middle of a crazy, hectic day by overwhelming wave of gratitude for being able to share a special moment with your kids? Well, that’s what Thankful Thursday is all about. Each week, I’ll aim to share a special moment that I would have missed had my kids been away at school . . . and I’m counting on all of you to share yours, too. It will give us something to reflect on during those other six crazy, hectic days!

Field Trip Friday
My kids love being on the go as much as I do, and if we all had our way, every day would be a field trip! We’ll be spending more time at home this year, but every Friday, I’ll be sharing a field trip that we’ve done or have planned, along with how we tied it in to our studies at home.

Shoe Sale Saturday
I know that I keep saying “it’s not all about the shoes”, but sometimes it is . . . just a little. And Saturday seemed like a good day to reward myself for a hard week’s work by browsing the best shoe deals online . . . who knows, maybe you’ll reward yourself too!

Time Saving Sunday
We love our weekend family time, but Sunday often becomes my day to prepare for the upcoming week. This will be the day I’ll call upon some fabulous mama friends to share their expertise on how to keep our homes running smoothly and our families well fed while still leaving plenty of time for school.

No comments:

Post a Comment