Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Monday, August 16, 2010

Suddenly Shoeless

So this renewed triathlon interest has brought me to the realization that I no longer have shoes . . . shoes appropriate for running or cycling, that is. Somehow, it seems hugely ironic for the Homeschooling in Heels girl to be shoeless.

It's been seven years (seven years!!!) since I've taken my road bike for a spin, and my cycling shoes - veterans of my two Ironman races - seem to have disintegrated during that time.

My last pair of running shoes remains in my closet, and I take them out walking from time to time. But seeing as how they've been through one marathon and three half marathons over the past two years, they're probably a year overdue for replacing.

Not sure which to start with, but if I can find some cute pink Asics like the ones pictured, that will make the decision easier. Going to check out the local running store this week, but since I've been hording $5 Amazon gift card prizes from Swagbucks, I have about a $35 head start if I order them from Endless instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment