Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Shoe Sale Saturday - Salsa!

I know that I keep saying “it’s not all about the shoes”, but sometimes it is . . . just a little. And Saturday seemed like a good day to reward myself for a hard week’s work by browsing the best shoe deals online . . . who knows, maybe you’ll reward yourself too!

So here's what I'm buying this weekend . . . my very first pair of salsa shoes. I know nothing about salsa, mind you, but I will be performing it on stage in a mere two months. In fact, at my next major bellydance show, only one of my performances will actually be bellydance (the others will be salsa and Romani).

The salsa routine is intimidating for about a dozen reasons, and I've thought many times about retreating to my comfort zone. But, each escape attempt is foiled by a seemingly random coincidence, so I taking that as a sign that it's where I'm meant to be. It feels like a major life accomplishment that I'm even open to this, as in my younger days I'd launch an unwavering fight to make things go my way.

So as you can imagine, these shoes are a big deal - way more than just a pair of shoes. I wonder where they'll take me . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment