Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Teaching Tool Tuesday - Mad About Money Week 1 Curriculum / Lapbook Now Available!

Don’t tell, but my wish lists at Lakeshore Learning and Amazon are much longer than the one I have at Endless.com. Honestly, I’m a complete sucker for books and educational games, software and toys. But this past year I’ve honed my ability to discern which tools will be fun once or twice and which ones we'll use over and over . . . and I’ll be sharing our favorites with you every Tuesday.  


I've definitely never blogged about my own curriculum on Teaching Tool Tuesday, but I'm so excited about how our money unit is turning out that I'm making an exception. Last week, I taught week one of the money unit to our homeschool co-op, and we started the related components of our money lapbook. I've also never done a lapbook in small stages like this, but so far, I'm liking it a lot.

The early parts of the money curriculum are based heavily on The Everything Kids' Money Book and cover the history of money, types of money and some very basic personal finance. We'll dive deeper into personal finance in the later part of the unit (which I'm planning will take all year), using Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace, Jr.

The Week 1 curriculum and lapbook components are now available to download. You'll find them in the right sidebar under "Curriculum to Share". I'd love to hear from anyone planning to do this unit along with us, and as always, I always love to hear comments or suggestions on my lapbook templates! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment