Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Friday, January 21, 2011

Field Trip Friday - Manatee Festival

If you're in the Orlando area and looking for a great field trip this weekend, check out the Blue Springs Manatee Festival put on by the Central Florida Zoo. On Saturday and Sunday from 10AM to 5PM, enjoy food, games, entertainment and more at Valentine Park in Orange City. Admission is $8 for adults and $2 for kids (ages three and under are free) and includes a free shuttle bus to Blue Springs to see the manatees.

We visited Blue Springs with my mom last week, and the kids really enjoyed seeing the manatees and talking about all the different animals that lived in that habitat. This week, we watched some manatee videos on the computer, and next week we're working on a manatee habitat art project. I'm hoping it will get me inspired to get started on our Animals Around the World unit for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment