Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Animal Art

Here are my little artists at work during this week's Art Adventures class at the Orlando Museum of Art. What I love most about this program is that they spend half the class in the gallery studying the art and the other half in the studio creating their own. Jerry Pinkney is still the featured exhibit at the museum, so we looked at his work and listened to a story from the Noah's Ark book he illustrated. Next, the kids were off to the studio to use basic shapes to create their own animals.

Noah drew and painted his frog completely on his own:

















Ava had a little help from Mommy with her fish (but not too much):

No comments:

Post a Comment