Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Green Lemonade

Green drinks seem to be all the rage these days, but to this point, I've stuck mainly with green smoothies. But when I saw someone mention this recipe yesterday, it sounded so good that I had to try it. It's from Natalia Rose's book Raw Food Detox Diet.

One blog I found the recipe on said you can add agave to sweeten it up. I'm sure the kids would have liked it a little sweeter, but I thought it was good "as is".

I'm not a caffeine drinker, but I think that if I were, this would be a good alternative.

Green Lemonade

Into the juicer:
1 head romaine
5-6 kale leaves (I used collards)
2 apples
1 lemon (mine was small so I threw in a second one)

Enjoy!

1 comment: