Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grandma

Today was my mom's birthday, and even though we're having a celebration on Sunday, we wanted to make sure we got to see her on her big day. So, we met for lunch after our hula hooping workshop to give her a gift and the cards the kids had made.

We're big card "makers" (as opposed to card "buyers"), and I've learned a fun little trick for this. Both kids love to create lots of wonderful art - and they can't bear to part with any of it. So, I've started pulling our their completed projects to make our cards - fold it in half, write a message inside and you're done!

The card-making process has definitely been simplified, and I know the kids' masterpieces will definitely be enjoyed so much more this way than they will at the bottom of the artwork stack. This also keeps "the stack" much smaller, which is always an added bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment