Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaching Tool Tuesday - Mad About Money Lapbook is Done!!!

Noah's year-end evaluation is only weeks away, and I'm already feeling unprepared. Although we intend to continue with school through the summer, there are a few things I'd like to get wrapped up before the official end to second grade . . . for example, the Mad About Money lapbook that's been dragging on all school year.

I thought that working on the lapbook one section at a time would be easier than making myself crazy by doing it all at once (I'm guessing that I spend between 60 and 80 hours on each one). It worked for a while, but somehow I lost my momentum during my mid-year "scale back" plan.

Today, I called a teacher work day and wrapped it up. After art class at the museum this morning, my mom picked the kids up for a movie and dropped them off at home to Jim mid-afternoon. Meanwhile, I worked for about six hours straight at my favorite cafe with an endless supply of herbal tea to keep me going!

I'm so happy with how it turned out, and we'll be completing ours this week. The full (free!) download will be coming soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment