Is it possible to be a dedicated homeschooling mom while still making time for myself as an individual (a girlie girl who likes cute shoes)? I like to think so. Follow along, and I'll let you know for sure.

Trust me . . . it's not ALL about the shoes.

Friday, July 8, 2011

A New Addition to Our School Day

Yesterday I posted on our sister blog, Growing Healthy Sprouts, about my plan to adapt my recent self-care routine into a daily practice I can share with the kids. Starting next week, we'll be reading one of our favorite inspirational books each day, followed by a brief meditation or yoga practice. I'm really excited about this new addition to our school day and eager to see how it affects our schooling and relationships. You can read the full post here, including a list of all the books that we'll be using for our daily reading.

What are your favorite inspirational children's books? I'm always looking for good ones with a special interest in being accountable for your own happiness and healthy ways to deal with emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment